It's very important to keep your brushes clean, you should clean them at least once a week.
- Start cleaning your brushes by putting 1tbs baby shampoo in a bowl ( I use e.l.f brush shampoo sometimes), add warm water.
- Put your brush in the bowl and start making circular motion across the bottom of the bowl to get more product out.
- Leave brushes to soak in the bowl for couple of minutes.
- Rinse the brushes under cold water until the water in the sink is clear.
- Use towel, paper napkin or dinner napkin to take out the access water.
- Do not dry the brushes in a upright position, i dry my brushes in a box i place dinner paper napkin in bottom of the box and i balance my brushes head pointing down with the box wall.
- Let the brushes dry for a couple of hours or overnight.
There is also professional cleaning products and with these products you can clean your brushes daily after using them or before using.
- Start with your foundation, blush and concealer brush as these have most products in them.
- Spray product in the brush head until it's totally soaked ( I use e.l.f daily brush cleaner ).
- Start making back and forth motion on napkin until the brush is clean.
- Clean the rest of the brushes.
- This product dries quickly so you can use it right before you start your makeup.
I hope this tutorial was helpful.